One of the cool things about my job (instructional technology) is that I get to travel to some conferences. This year i get to travel to Orlando Florida for the Blackboard World conference. Here is the rundown of day 1.
- 7:42 AM- I arrive to the airport ready to go. Yes my flight leaves at 10 but I need to be early. I grab a semi-decent breakfast sandwich and settle into wait. Literally as I get out of the car, I am greeted with lightning streaming across the sky… Awesome.
Philly airport has no free wireless?!? Once again ATnT stands in my way… I’ll wait.
- 9:00 AM- My boss, John is here now and we are at the gate ready to go.
- 9:30 AM- We hear a garbled announcement about rain delays but it is too hard to hear. This PA system is almost as bad as the wireless.
- 9:40 AM- We should be boarding but n o sign of the plane.
- 10:10 AM- On a lark I take a walk further down the gate only to find our plane changed gates. No announcement was made… John and I mad dash it onto the plane…
- 10:25 AM- …So we can wait on the runway for an hour. The win continues.
- 11:30 AM- We are airborne
- 12:30 PM- Watching Hot Tub Time Machine.. Seriously funny
- 3:00 PM- Hit the gate at Orlando the flight in is capped by a 20 drive in from the runway. Who designed this airport.
- 3:30 PM- Made it to the hotel. This place is HUGE!
Some pics of the room:
I have a living room… neat
Double bed fun! I get to switch off every other night
- 4:30 PM – Made it to the conference, registered, and SWAG-ed. The bing bag is pretty nice.
- 6:00 PM- Dinner at Padrino’s Cuban restaurant. Fantastic restaurant, I recommend the Vacca Frita
- 8:00 PM- At the House of Beer. This is a place you MUST go to if you are in Orlando. Amazing selection of beer, relaxed atmosphere, and good service makes this place great.
Well that’s all for now. Stay tuned for day 2!